Start Learning with the Flow Institute
Welcome to the Flow Institute, the premier spot for understanding and applying the ideas of flow to your business transformation. Join the Flow Institute community to gain real-world, practical knowledge, skills and the latest thinking about flow metrics. The Flow Institute is designed for enterprise business and IT leaders seeking to develop specific expertise in flow metrics, value stream management and the Flow Framework.®
Using Flow Metrics to Combat Cognitive Overload
In this course, Tasktop Principal Flow Advisor, Dominica DeGrandis, presents actionable takeaways to address cognitive overload.
Length: 45 minutes
Getting Started with the Flow Framework
Learn the key concepts, like Flow Items and Flow Load, to help your organization execute the Flow Framework.
Length: 12 minutes
Introduction to Flow Metrics
This course introduces the Flow Metrics, providing a deep dive into what they are and why you need them.
Length: 40 mins
the Flow Framework and Product Value Streams
This course teaches you how to apply the Flow Framework to measure your product value streams.
Length: 42 minutes
The Flow Framework Approach to VSM
Understand the Flow Framework as a structured, prescriptive approach to Value Stream Management in software delivery organizations.
Length: 1 hour
Custom Flow Workshop with Dominica DeGrandis
In this hands on workshop, your teams will discuss dependencies and determine prioritization policies, workflow design and metrics.
Length: 2 Day Workshop
Individualized Value Stream Management Consulting Session
This free one hour consulting session is an opportunity for you to successfully identify and map the value streams in your organization.
Length: 1 hour
Value Stream Management Workshop
Learn about Flow and how to use value stream management to achieve your transformation goals.
Length: 90 minutes
EXECUTIVE ROUNDTABLE WITH DR. MIK KERSTEN & DEAN LEFFINGWELL
Join Mik and Dean on May 11th for an open dialogue around the Scaled Agile Framework® and how enterprises are measuring their value of SAFe initiatives.
Length: 90 minutes
EXECUTIVE BRIEFINGS WITH DR. MIK KERSTEN
Dr. Mik Kersten introduces your team to the Flow Framework® as a new approach to managing the project to product transition within an organization.
Length: 2 hours
Learn about the book that introduced the Flow Framework
Dr. Mik Kersten’s best selling book, Project to Product: How to Survive and Thrive in the Age of Digital Disruption with the Flow Framework, has been the catalyst for change for many organizations going through digital transformations. Visit the official Project to Product site to learn about the book and to listen to Mik’s podcast, Mik + One, where he sits down with industry experts to discuss what it’s like to go through a transformation journey.
Core concepts of Flow Institute are:
- Recognition of the complicated ecosystem of software development and business goals
- Ongoing reflection and input about the impact of product-based thinking in the structure and programming from the diverse points of view of our participants
- Fostering and maintaining mentoring relationships between experienced innovators and those new to the project to product movement and the Flow Framework, as well as early career professionals through shared experiences
- Creating an online network for questioning, collaborating and providing the support needed for successful digital transformations
- Recognition of research indicating that exposure to a diversity of perspectives have positive impacts on innovation
- Harnessing our rapidly evolving understanding of value stream management and product thinking to influence the software development process in concert with business needs
Explore this curated list of resources to learn about the Flow Framework and value stream management.
Get a free download of the Flow Framework poster
Measuring Your SAFe® Transformation with Flow Metrics
Flow Metrics: A Business Leader’s Guide to Measuring What Matters in Software Delivery