Episode 27: Robin Yeman
About Robin Yeman
Lockheed Martin (LM)
LM Senior Fellow Agile / DevSecOps Enterprise Coach
Expertise spanning over twenty-five years in software engineering with focus on Agile/DevSecOps building large complex solutions across multiple domains from submarines to satellites. She advocates for continuous learning with multiple certifications including SAFe Fellow, SPCT (Candidate), CEC, PMP, PMI-ACP, and CSEP.
She is a PhD candidate at Colorado State researching best practices to deliver complex safety critical solutions using Agile/ DevSecOps. Supports multiple government working groups and is a DevOps ambassador at the DevOps Institute.
About this episode
Joining Mik in this episode of Mik + One is Robin Yeman, Senior Fellow and Agile DevSecOps Enterprise coach at Lockheed Martin.
In this episode, Mik and Robin discuss how Robin approaches leadership with complex systems of systems and other key discussion points including:
- Insight into Robin’s journey and PhD thesis, examining how to deploy complex system of systems using Agile and DevSecOps
- The need to develop a common language by connecting the different systems, vocabularies, the ways people work and collaborate, prototype and build systems
- How Robin helps organizations develop this common language through a common understanding of the vision
- The need to deliver value at the speed of relevance
- Successful examples of how Robin gets people to change their thinking
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- Principles of Product Development Flow by Donald G. Reinertsen
- Your Future is Now: Perspectives on Next Generation Product Development Innovation from Industry Thought Leaders - Panel Discussion at 2020 Global SAFe Summit with Dean Leffingwell, Dr. Mik Kersten, Donald Reinertsen and Gene Kim
- Mik + One Podcast: Bryon Kroger
- Mik + One Podcast: Don Reinersten Part 1
- Mik + One Podcast: Don Reinersten Part 2
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.