Episode 42: Manuel Pais
About Manuel Pais
Manuel Pais is co-author of the book “Team Topologies: organizing business and technology teams for fast flow“.
Manuel started the Team Topologies Academy to help organizations scale learning around modern team dynamics and fast flow. Recognized by TechBeacon as a DevOps thought leader, Manuel is an independent IT organizational consultant and trainer, focused on team interactions, delivery practices and accelerating flow.
Manuel is also a LinkedIn instructor on accelerating Continuous Delivery in the enterprise and Co-founder of DevOps Lisbon meetup (over 4k members).
About this episode
Joining Mik in this episode of Mik + One is Manuel Pais, co-author of Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow.
In this episode, Mik and Manuel discuss some of the key themes in Team Topologies, as well as other topics including:
- Manuel's learnings and key tips on how to effectively manage team collaboration in the shift to remote-first and hybrid working
- The relationship between the ideas behind the Flow Framework and Team Topologies
- Advice on how to set up value streams to enable and improve team flow and capacity when delivering digital experiences
- Implementing a reorganization and advice to leaders on how to approach this, and why it’s important to understand, implement and evolve the team topology
- Treating platforms as products and the importance of investing in platform teams to manage cognitive load and provide greater value to customers
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow by Matthew Skelton and Manuel Pais
- Mik + One Podcast: Team Topologies (Episode 10)
- Remote Team Interactions Workbook by Matthew Skelton and Manuel Pais
- Team Topologies Resources
- The Flow Framework
- Charlie Betz’s Tweet
- Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations by Gene Kim, Jez Humble, and Nicole Forsgren
- Puppet 2021 State of DevOps Report
- Mik + One Podcast: Dave Snowden (Episode 38)
- Sooner Safer Happier: Antipatterns and Patterns for Business Agility by Jonathan Smart
- Mik + One Podcast: Jonathan Smart (Episode 9)
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.