Episode 10: Team Topologies
About Team Topologies
Manuel Pais @manupaisable
Manuel Pais is an independent IT and organizational design consultant and trainer focused on team interactions, Continuous Delivery practices and accelerating the flow of work. Manuel is co-author of the book “Team Topologies: Organizing Business and TechnologyTeams for Fast Flow” (IT Revolution Press, 2019) (more info at teamtopologies.com). Answers by @manupaisable on Twitter and Medium.
Matthew Skelton @matthewpskelton
Matthew Skelton is co-author of Team Topologies: organizing business and technology teams for fast flow. Head of Consulting at Conflux (confluxdigital.net), he specialises in Continuous Delivery, operability and organisation dynamics for software in manufacturing, ecommerce, and online services, including cloud, IoT, and embedded software.
About this episode
Recorded at the 2019 annual SEACON conference in London, Mik has two special guests, Matthew Skelton and Manuel Pais, authors of Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow.
This episode of Mik + One discusses:
- Insights into the patterns and anti-patterns of how teams are structured and evolve, and why it’s important to focus on the cognitive load of teams
- Team specialization, the need for platform teams and how to manage the crucial dependencies between teams
- The need for a product value stream that’s supported by multiple teams, and the importance of flow in an organization’s software systems architecture
- Learnings on how to successfully organize teams of teams and if there is a perfect number of team members for an organization
- Advice for organizations on how to successfully structure teams based on cognitive load
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow by Manuel Pais and Matthew Skelton
- Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World by General Stanley McChrystal
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.
Ready for more insights? Browse the Mik + One Podcast archive.
Listen to over 50 business and technology leaders sharing how they deliver value and drive digital transformations in their organizations.Browse All Episodes