Episode 26: Eric Willeke
About Eric Willeke
Eric Willeke is cofounder and Principal of Elevate.to. He partners with leaders at all levels in applying Lean-Agile techniques to get better results through improved change management, better steering and alignment, and a deeper focus on the outcomes that matter.
Eric engages across many industries in some of the world’s largest and most complex companies, as well as the smallest, high-growth startups. He helps by instilling Agile business management techniques, accelerating the deployment of critical initiatives, and mentoring executives leading large-scale Agile transformation efforts.
Eric is a principal contributor to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), a SAFe Fellow, and a SAFe Program Consultant Trainer. He can be reached at email@example.com.
About this episode
In this episode of Mik + One, Mik is joined by Eric Willeke, Co-Founder and Principal of Elevate.to.
In this episode, Mik and Eric touch on many key points around simplicity and flow to drive successful digital transformations, including:
- Lean-agile techniques and helping organizations to understand agility, progress and reorganize around it
- How inherent simplicity relates to flow and how to reverse Work in Progress (WIP) issues and bottlenecks
- Agile sponsorships and the importance of tying agility to the company’s purpose and market outcomes in a clear and obvious way
- The risks of mechanical adoption and why it’s a common pitfall
- The danger of proxy metrics and advice to organizations to drive successful digital transformations and organizational processes in 2021
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- Scale Agile Framework
- Peter Drucker
- W. Edwards Deming
- DORA metrics
- The Unicorn Project by Gene Kim
- The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, & Security in Technology Organizations by Gene Kim, Jez Humble, Patrick Debois, and John Willis
- Findings From The Field - John Allspaw’s presentation at DevOps Enterprise London 2020
- Mik + One Podcast: Peter Moore
- Zone to Win: Organizing to Compete in an Age of Disruption by Geoffrey Moore
- Doing Agile Right: Transformation Without Chaos by Darrell K. Rigby, Sarah Elk, and Steve Berez
- The Essence Of Strategy Is Making Choices: Michael E Porter
- The Missing Step in Digital Transformations: Defragmenting Your Value Streams by Eric Willeke
- The Three Things that Make a Meaningful Vision by Simon Sinek
- Team Topologies by Matthew Skelton and Manuel Pais
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.