Episode 11: Dominica DeGrandis
About Dominica DeGrandis
Dominica DeGrandis is the Principal Flow Advisor at Tasktop, where she helps customers improve the flow of work across value streams. Responsible for introducing customers to flow-based aspects of digital transformation, she guides IT teams and business teams to understand and adopt new ways of working to improve performance.
Dominica is the author of “Making Work Visible: Exposing Time Theft to Optimize Work & Flow.” She is a huge fan of using visual cues to inspire change and spur alignment across organizations.
About this episode
In this episode of Mik + One, the official Project to Product podcast, Mik is joined by Dominica DeGrandis, Principal Flow Advisor at Tasktop and author of Making Work Visible: Exposing Time Theft to Optimize Work & Flow.
In this episode, Mik and Dominica cover a variety of topics, including:
- Reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic, its impact on organizations, and advice for leaders, teams and individuals to get through this time and find their own flow
- Exploration into how Dominica’s work in ‘Making Work Visible’ applies at the individual, team and organization levels
- Leadership’s role in acknowledging employee burnout and working to improve it in order to increase employee confidence, innovation and engagement during the Turning Point
- Getting Work in Progress (WIP) under control in order to improve flow
- The concept of Flow Safety, and why it is critical in making structural changes and seeing successful results
- The importance of experimentation when removing bottlenecks, and how it can help to increase team happiness and productivity
- Why exposing dependencies is critical in order to make fast decisions that produce results, reduce wait times, and reduce WIP
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- Dominica DeGrandis: Learnings on Lean Kanban Flow
- Making Work Visible: Exposing Time Theft to Optimize Work & Flow by Dominica DeGrandis
- Understanding Flow Metrics in Software Delivery
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.