Episode 3: Carlota Perez
About Carlota Perez
A researcher, academic and international consultant, Carlota Perez studies the social and economic impact of technical change and the historically changing conditions for growth, innovation, development and competitiveness. She is Honorary Professor at the Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose (IIPP-UCL) and at SPRU, University of Sussex; she is Visiting Professor at the Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance in TalTech, Estonia. She was Centennial Professor 2015-2018 at the London school of Economics (LSE) and Senior Researcher at CERF, Judge Business School, Cambridge University 2003-05.
Author of the influential Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital: The Dynamics of Bubbles and Golden Ages (Elgar 2002), her career began in civil service: she was founding Director of Technological Development in Venezuela in the 1980s, where she created the first venture capital fund in that country. As a consultant she has worked for several Latin American governments; for multilateral organisation such as the IADB, UNCTAD, CEPAL, OECD and the World Bank; and for many global corporations, including IBM, Cisco, Telefonica and Eriksson as well as several venture capital firms. She recently chaired the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 Expert Group for Green Growth and Jobs.
She is invited as keynote speaker in major technology and innovation events and for lecturing in universities around the globe. As Academic in Residence at Anthemis UK, her current research project, Beyond the Technological Revolution, analyses the social shaping of technology and the historical role of the state in defining the context for innovation.
Über diese Episode
In another fantastic episode, Mik’s plus one is Dr. Carlota Perez, author of Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital: The Dynamics of Bubbles and Golden Ages.
In this episode, Mik and Carlota discuss:
- Where we are in the Turning Point of the Technological Revolution, and the challenges of achieving the Golden Age
- What leaders in organizations and governments can do to think and act differently to survive the Technical Revolution and Turning Point
- The lifestyle and characteristics of mass production and mass consumption, and the need to move from tangible products to non-tangible services
- Successful examples of traditional enterprises that are shifting in the direction of turning their products into services
- What Carlota is currently working on, including researching the historical context of the different revolutions, and the future of the Golden Age and how to stay optimistic
Abonnieren Sie noch heute den Mik + One-Podcast, damit Sie keine Folge verpassen und vergessen Sie nicht, Ihre Bewertung abzugeben.
- Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital: The Dynamics of Bubbles and Golden Ages by Carlota Perez
Um das Transkript dieser Folge herunterzuladen, klicken Sie hier.
Ready for more insights? Browse the Mik + One Podcast archive.
Listen to over 50 business and technology leaders sharing how they deliver value and drive digital transformations in their organizations.Browse All Episodes